Sunday, May 8, 2016

My 90 Day Vegan and Fitness Challenge

This was me March 30, 2016.   In this picture of my 5' 3' stature I weighted about 207 pounds (yup that's right I'm disclosing the actual number).  I'm 39 years old currently but will be turning 40 on August 9th which will be just a few days past my 90 days get fitness and healthy eating challenge.  I want to get healthy and stay healthy.  I've had a lot of inspiration and decided to put it to work. 


I haven't always been overweight...

 
But it has been a good 10 plus years that I started to gain above a healthy weight or above my healthy BMI range.  As the years went on I slowly gained more and more.  As many other moms I fell victim to taking care of my family and not making time for myself.  But what I started to realize was that if I don't take care of myself I'm not investing in my future with my family I worked so hard to take care of. 

My son Mikey has been one source of inspiration to me.  He has always been into staying physically fit.  Since January of this year he started a vegetarian diet.  He is surrounded by many other vegetarians while at school.  After different talks with him about how humans don't need meat in their diet I started doing my own research.  Amongst other reasons I found that being a vegan will force me to make healthier choices in my diet.

My daughter Josie had also become my inspiration to take on a challenge like this.  


Josie is 7 and she started swimming with a swim team for the first time about a month ago.  Prior to the swim team she would swim once a week in a typical swim lesson class with about 4 -5 other kids for a half an hour.  The swim team practice 4 days a week for an hour.  Now Josie is only doing 3 days a week for an hour so far because of another commitment (CCD), but she was/is really struggling.  It is very hard for her and she would have her eyes filled with tears trying not to cry but still express to me that she just doesn't want to do it anymore.  It was so hard for me to encourage her to push and keep going but I'm doing it.  

I then thought what better way for me to join her in her challenge.  I may be crying and frustrated but I'm determined to challenge myself to do something that is hard but is also so good for my health too!

So here it begins on Monday, May 9,2016 I will be on a strict 90 days vegan only diet.  I will be exercising no less than 5 days a week for 30 minutes.  

Check back for updates.  I plan to post weekly at minimum.


No comments:

Post a Comment